From rain to shine

When I got to NJ it was cloudy and cold. In fact when I stepped outsidei could see my breath! I welcomed this weather with open arms since it’s now post the 90 degree mark here at home. I even figured out how to get my hotel window open and slept with the window open the entire time I was there.
Transfer day was great. Check in was 9am and then we were released to go eat breakfast and I was given my orders to drink some serious water so I’d be sure to have a full bladder for the procedure. So a muffin and 4 1/2 glasses of water later, along with two hours of in between time, back at the clinic all of the sudden the water I had been drinking hot my bladder like a ton of bricks. Now I’ve done 3 transfers total in my life, and each time it surely was uncomfortable having the transfer done on a very full bladder. It’s IVF protocol. But this time, it was WAY worse. The doctor came in before I was taken back into the procedure room to sort of brief me and I told him how uncomfortable I was already so he said we would get started and make sure my bladder wasn’t too big. Up onto the take I went and the nurses checked with the ultrasound, and were shocked at their findings. My bladder took up the entire ultrasound screen. They couldn’t even see my uterus. By now I was shaking I was so uncomfortable. So one nurse rushed out and got the doctor who came in and said he was going to just catheterize me to give me some relief since I didn’t need my bladder THAT full. But hey, they wanted a FULL bladder so I delivered! I just went a tad overboard this time on my water consumption. I was shaking so much and was so uncomfortable trying to keep from peeing everywhere that I couldn’t even get my legs into the stirrups and doc had a slightly hard time getting the catheter going because I was so tense. But once it was in the right place slowly but surely I stopped shaking and got some much needed relief.  Once things were at a size reasonable enough that the transfer could take place, we got started. The transfer outdoor was super easy. Doc transferred two day five embryos again this time. The hardest part of the transfer in my opinion is always having to hold off on using the restroom until they tell you it’s ok. This time was certainly no different!
So back to the hotel we went so I could be a “couch potato” in the words of the nurses. I took advantage! Feel asleep for a few hours, then woke up and watched a few episodes of impractical jokers. Talk about a funny show!!! I’d love to meet those guys they are hilarious. K, N, and I then went to dinner and then back to the hotel for the night to rest. It poured rain. It was beautiful. I flew home today and that was uneventful for the most part other than having gotten the “privilege” to be seated next to this older woman with her granddaughter. Now her 4 yr old granddaughter was an angel list me just say. She even took a good nap through half the flight. This woman though I swear had to have had walking pneumonia or something! She coughed and coughed this disgusting sickly cough the entire flight. She caught on at one point how absolutely disgusted I was because she told me she just had allergies that she wasn’t contagious! Was this woman for real?? She was nasally, and Evey time she would talk the coughing would happen. The gurgling, from your gut, throat tickling type of cough that needs some serious medications or essential oils!! And I was the lucky one who got to sit next to her for 4 1/2 long hours. I couldn’t wait to get home and shower since I felt like I was surly now riddled with disease. Bleh!!
It feels so good to be home. My kids are happy, my dogs are happy, hubby is happy. The one thing that isn’t happy is my butt. Wow. These shots are going to be the death of my ass. The knots are so bad and so hard. They hurt so much. I will more than suffer through this if at least one of those two little embryos sticks, but for now I just feel like complaining about how much my. Ass. Hurts. It also feels good to complain. Ha!
So my instructions are too stay on the same meds with the same doses and our first beta will be Monday morning April 6th. I’ve prayed so hard for this I’m not sure how else to pray! We just want this prayer answered this time around. So far I need to get through the week. It’s going to be a nail biter!


About sarah

I am 31 years old , married, with a spunky 5 year old daughter, and a cuddly almost 4 year old son. I am a stay at home mom that spends her days chasing kids and two wiener dogs around the house, playing games, learning new things, and just spending time with my family , who are my life. I am also pursuing my dream of becoming a gestational surrogate, and this blog is all about my journey.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s